photo blogbanner_zps38f40af3.png
home about


hello

 photo ME2_zps39a4abd1.jpg

Hey Guys! It's Mousie I am a Youtuber, and this is my little blog on things. ^_^ Stay S'wonderful Lovelies!

Mousie's Links

Follow on Bloglovin
Instagram

Pinterest
Visit Mousie Mouse's profile on Pinterest.
ARCHIEVE



Sponsors

CREDIT

© 2014 - Skins by Yuki. Bascode by Dhy. and Edit by Alya.
How To Make Your Own Green Screen
Sunday, July 27, 2014 | 1 Comments

Recently, I have developed the need for a green screen, (photos as well as streaming). When looking up green screens, I discovered exactly how expensive they were.
So naturally, growing up in a craft/diy family, I went to the fabric store.
I was able to find about 4 yards of lime green fabric that worked perfectly. I think it cost me about $3 a yard, so very cheap ($12 compared to about $50 green screen I saw online). 


Materials:
Green/lime fabric (I got 4yards)
Green/lime thread
Sewing machine (or by hand if you are brave :) You'll need a hand needle.)
Curtain that you already have or measured curtain length
Iron
Fabric Scissors (these are the EXTREMELY sharp ones, please be careful)
Fabric pins




First thing I did at that point was get my current curtain down for comparasion. ( Note: Curious refused to get out of my way)

I put the two against each other to measure the length. My old curtain reaches all the way to the floor from the ceiling so you may want to measure yours to be a 1ft to a 1ft and a half off the ground from the ceiling.

Once I had my desired length, which luckily happened to be the whole fabric folded in half like a taco. (Taco: short ends together) Then I ironed that crease:


Then I cut the crease off really close to the edge. Cutting on the crease can lead to uneven edges for me so I find this to be easier. (I also folded it burrito style to save me from having to cut a long piece)

Pin the long ends together. 
Sorry for the blurry lovies <3

And sew. If you don't have a machine, have fun doing it by hand. Just think about that end result. ;) 

If you do have a machine, I going to assume you know the basics of it from the manual at the least. It's pretty simple and not so scary. It's just a straight stitch, nothing too fancy, adjust the width and length to what you feel works best. 


Once I got it sewn together I hung it up and tested it out! I think it worked perfectly, don't you? (Minus the fuzzy bit when I kicked it by accident XD )


All-in-all it in total took me maybe 15minutes to make and $13 including the thread I didn't already have on hand. If you have any questions, be sure to ask in the comment section below the post! :)

Stay S'Wonderful lovelies!
Mousie

P.S. Funny story, while fixing the curtain and testing it out, I got shocked by lightening! Yes literally! My hand got shocked a bit but I'm otherwise fine. I typed this whole thing off my phone because of the storm knocking out the internet. Have a great Sunday Lovelies! ♥

Blogger Emyrose said...

Cool! I plan on testing this out someday soon :3 also I'm glad that you're okay! The world needs the love that Miss Mousie Mouse brings ♥ Love! ♥

 

Post a Comment