photo blogbanner_zps38f40af3.png
home about


hello

 photo ME2_zps39a4abd1.jpg

Hey Guys! It's Mousie I am a Youtuber, and this is my little blog on things. ^_^ Stay S'wonderful Lovelies!

Mousie's Links

Follow on Bloglovin
Instagram

Pinterest
Visit Mousie Mouse's profile on Pinterest.
ARCHIEVE



Sponsors

CREDIT

© 2014 - Skins by Yuki. Bascode by Dhy. and Edit by Alya.
Youtube Advice: Dealing with Negative Comments and Advice For Beginning Youtube
Monday, July 28, 2014 | 4 Comments

Hello Lovelies!

A question I get quite often from a lot of people starting out on Youtube is how to deal with negative comments. 
Simple answer: You don't, delete them and move on. 

Believe it or not about 40% of the comments Youtubers get can range from critically mean to just downright hateful. It doesn't mean anything, you delete it, ban them, and move on. We deal with this everyday, it's not really a big issue for experienced Youtubers. 
But for the Youtubers that are just starting out, it can come as a shock. This is why I believe to do Youtube you need to have a certain level of maturity and age (like maybe 15 or 16 yrs old at least [based on my experience]) to deal with it. You need to be able to take a hit and move on from it.
There will always, ALWAYS, be people out there who just want to be mean. No matter what you do, you will always get these comments. So, like I said, ban, delete, and move on. They are not worth your time, so ignore them.
 Honestly, if I were a kid making videos and I got a bad comment, I would be absolutely crushed. As an adult, however, I can see past that so much better and realize that there are still 60% good comments. Those are the ones to focus on because those are the viewers that matter to me. 

This also ties into another problem of positive feedback versus negative feedback. There is such thing as constructive criticism and a lot of people don't know how to give it in a way that isn't negative. A lot of comments I get are from kids who don't know how to do this and it's good to know that they are trying but some can still be rude. 
For instance, " Not to be rude..." doesn't make the rest of the comment suddenly not rude or constructive at all. 
Once again, I do believe a level of maturity is needed here to discern who is trying to be constructive and who is being just outright mean. To many younger Youtubers they can see all of these comments as negative, when younger viewers may not know any other way to voice their comments. It's good to remember that they are just trying to help. 

Another piece of advice to Youtuber just starting out, is to stay positive yourself. Always stay as positive as you can. People pick up on negativity. So saying your video is bad when sharing it to someone is a big no no. Be positive and confident and people will notice you more. No one likes to watch someone who is negative. 

This is all just advice based off of my experience being a Youtuber and it's meant to be helpful to you guys. ♥

If you have any questions for me leave them below and I will answer as many as I can.

Love you guys! Stay S'wonderful Lovelies! ♥
Mousie


Blogger Emyrose said...

Inspiring :) question: Do you have any tips to people that are trying to start out making Minecraft videos? Thanks, much love! ♥♥♥

 
Blogger Unknown said...

To Emyrose, Just have fun. There's really not anything other than that.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post mousie. It really helps me because I have low self esteem and my friends told me to do YouTube to fix it. Thank you so much!! <3 love you mousie you're amazing!!!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mousie I am really hoping you reply to this but I Am a young Youtuber starting out 11 years old and I am Very mature and I was wondering if you could give me some advice

 

Post a Comment